ONTARIO RACING ASSOCIATION
CARA OVAL RACING
OFFICIAL CARA OVAL RACE MEET - 325 YARDS
LOCATION: THE JAMIESON FARM, CODRINGTON, ONTARIO
FOR GPS: N 44 x W 077 or Just past #64 Goodrich Road, Codrington (Brighton forGPS), Ontario, Canada
OVALS - SAT. JUNE 9, 2018
* Open to any Afghan Hound, Basenji, Borzoi, Greyhound, Ibizan Hound, Irish Wolfhound, Italian Greyhound, Pharaoh Hound, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Saluki, Scottish Deerhound, Sloughi, Whippet, and any other breed recognized as a sighthound by a Recognized Registering body.
* Hounds must be one year of age or older to be eligible to race.
* All hounds must be pre-certified prior to entering their first CARA race meet. SPECIAL NOTE: Any dog which has not previously run must be pre-certified before entering. Certifications will be available Sunday AFTER the race meet. Dogs which have FCh, MC, ORC, SOR, OTR, CR, WRCh, RCH, SRCH or GRC are exempt from pre-certification requirements, however, ALL DOGS (including newly certified, those exempt from certification and those who ran last year) will be on probation for 2 race meets. Please read the CARA rules on the web site regarding Pre-qualifications and Disqualifications.
* All hounds must be individually registered with the AKC, CKC, NGA, UKC or any foreign registry recognized by the AKC. Hounds with an ILP or CKC equivalent (when available) may also be entered.
* All hounds must be registered with CARA. Every dog not already registered must submit payment of $2.00 and a photocopy of AKC, NGA or CKC papers with your entry. CARA registration is for the life of the dog.
INSPECTION AND ROLL CALL
* 8:30 A.M. *
Please Dress appropriately for the weather! (Sunscreen, Hats, Raingear, etc.) !
For up-to-date weather info for the area:
WATER IS AVAILABLE.
THERE IS LIMITED SHADE!
Pre-entries are $15.00 for the first dog, $10.00 each additional dog, per day, to a maximum entry fee of $40.00 per day. Pre-entries may be sent by phone or on-line entry (see below). Pre-entries close on Thursday June 7th at 8:00 p.m.!
YOU MAY TELEPHONE YOUR PRE-ENTRIES TO 613-920-3864 UP UNTIL CLOSING TIME AND LEAVE A DETAILED MESSAGE INCLUDING YOUR NAME, YOUR DOG'S CALL NAME & BREED. PLEASE LET US KNOW THAT YOU PLAN TO COME!
Post-entries are $20.00 per dog per day. Post-entries will be taken up to 1/2 hour prior to Roll Call.
Make cheques payable to R. Jamieson.
1502 Pinewood School Road
Codrington, Ont K0K 1R0
- The track is a banked U-val grass track in an open field, with a large pond in the centre of the field/track.
- AllOvaltrack racesare 325 yards (u-val),Straighttrack racesare 200 yards, and dogs will run three times unless scratched, or disqualified.
- All racers must wear muzzles and blankets. Blankets & some muzzles will be available for loan. Race blankets can be ordered for purchase from Laurie Soutar(firstname.lastname@example.org). Muzzles and reversible racing blankets can be ordered fromwww.sighthoundstuff.comormuzzles only from www.halemar.comorhttp://www.morrco.com/itpoldogmuz.html(they also carry Italian Greyhound muzzles).
- All programs will be 4 dog races maximum; dogs run within their breed, however for 1 dog entries, we can run mixed stake at the discretion of the handlers.
- All races will be box started or hand slipped (discretion of handler vote). Whippets and Greyhounds will be box started.
- There is limited shade, please bring your own if possible. Water is available, plus there is also a cold stream & pond for cooling dogs down.
- Please note:We usually run all 3 programs through if entries are low. There will be free snacks & coffee available first thing in the morning. Hose water will be available as well.
- Lunch is POT LUCK. Please bring a dish or dessert to share, and the club will provide plates, cups & cutlery & coffee!
- Rough camping is permitted on site (an outhouse is available at the site).
- WE CAN RUN PRACTICES, WEATHER PERMITTING,BETWEEN PROGRAMS AND AFTERTHE RACE MEETS. QUALIFYING RUNS CAN BE ARRANGED ANDWILL TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER PRACTICEAT THE END OF THE 3RD PROGRAM. PRACTICE is $5.00 per dog. Qualifying runs are No Charge.
- Motels that allow dogs:
Presquile Beach Motel, 243 Main St.(Hwy 2) Brighton, Ontario Telephone: 613-475-1010
Holiday Inn, Glen Miller Rd., Trenton, (at the 401) Telephone: 613-394-4855 or 1-800-465-4329
OR check the PetsWelcome Website for hotels accepting dogs in the Brighton or Trenton area:
- Those who will be camping from Saturday evening, we will be going out for supper at a local restaurant and all are welcome to join us. The food is good, plentiful and reasonably priced.
- Trophies and rosettes for Best of Breed, flat ribbons for 2nd through 5th.
- Breeds with an entry of 5 or more will also have Certificates for High Scoring Veteran (over 6 years), High Scoring Field Champion, High Scoring Show Champion, High Scoring Agility Champion, High Scoring First Time Entered.
FOR GPS: N 44 x W 077
- FROM TORONTO: Hwy 401East to Hwy 30 North (exit 509); Proceed north on hwy 30 for 6.5 kms; Turn left (west) onto Goodrich Road (there is a Conservation Area sign); Proceed for approx. 2 kms, field is on the right (north) side of the road. Signs will be posted.
- ALTERNATE ROUTE FROM TORONTO USING HWY 407: Take the toll highway 407 east to Highway 412 and continue onward to highway 401 EAST. Take Hwy 401East to Hwy 30 North (exit #509); Proceed north on hwy 30 for about 6.5 kms; Turn left (west) onto Goodrich Road (there is a Conservation Area sign); Proceed for approx. 2 kms, field is on the right (north) side of the road. Signs will be posted.
- FROM KINGSTON: Hwy 401West to Hwy 30 North (exit #509). Continue as above.
- FROM OTTAWA: Take Hwy #7 West to Highway #30 South (left turn). It is approximately 45 minute drive to Codrington, proceed south of Codrington about 3 kms to Goodrich Road (Conservation Area Sign there as well) and turn right (west). Continue down Goodrich road for about 2 kms to the field which is on the right (north) side of the road. Signs will be posted.
ORTake Hwy 416 south to 401 west to Hwy 30 North (exit 509); Proceed north on hwy 30 for 6.5 kms; Turn left (west) onto Goodrich Road (there is a Conservation Area sign); Proceed for approx. 2 kms, field is on the right (north) side of the road. Signs will be posted.
To find your hound's CARA registration number click here
ONTARIO RACING ASSOCIATION
We are a Racing Club (1999) offering CARA Racing to all sighthound racing enthusiasts. We would be pleased to have you as a member of this club. Membership fees are waived for those club members who are WORKING members.